Saturday, November 19, 2011

Heart Burning Like a Light Bulb

I burst into tears as she entered the room.  WTF is happening?  Nothing like that has ever happened before.  I'm not a crier.  But when Nischala Joy Devi walked into the room, long wispy white hair, regal purple achkan and tights, I couldn't control the tears.

At the workshop break, I asked on of my yoga teachers.

She said that people carry an energy and those energies affect us. Nischala's energy must have done that to me.

At lunch, I apprehensively approached Nischala to tell her of my experience.  And broke out in tears again!  This time I completely lost it. Completely, uncontrollably, sobbing!

"Aren't heart opening experiences great." She said with a huge smile.

When she hugged me I felt like a child cuddling against her chest for some kind of comfort and security.  My heart burned like a 160 watt light bulb.  Not one of those cool florescent lights.  The old incandescent style that get hot and need high voltage.  It was so weird!

I wasn't as embarrassed as distraught and confused, "This has never happened before.  I haven't even read your book."

Ok, maybe that wasn't the best thing to say to her.

"You're like a ripe pomegranate, ready to fall from the tree and juicy."

So that's was nice to hear.

Today she commented that I looked like I was glowing.

What powerful sensations yoga awakens in me.  I wasn't even going to write about yoga today.  My next post was supposed to be about Nala's imaginary friends...  Next time.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...